As a child, you learn that there are four seasons. In reality, however, these times of year aren’t so clearly defined. You can experience a chilly autumn-like rain in the middle of a hot summer, or witness unusually toasty temperatures around Christmastime. What can you do to help regulate the air in your house in the face of these year-round changes? There are steps you can take beyond adjusting your home thermostat.
Here are some simple tips for keeping temperatures inside moderate when the weather outside is displaying mood swings:
- Invest in Drapes: When the sun is shining, drapes can help block rays and keep your home cooler. When freezing weather sets in, they can add another layer of protection against the cold.
- Get Out the Grill: The heat coming from your stove and oven when cooking can make not only your kitchen but your entire home toasty. This can be especially unpleasant in the summertime. Get the grill, and head outside with your family instead.
- Get Great Windows: Invest in double-paned windows. Keep them closed to maintain inner air temperatures, or open them to invite the outside in. These windows can also reduce heating and cooling costs.
- Install Fans: Keep the air moving to make your home feel less sweltering in the summer. It’s also smart to invest in a ventilation fan for the bathroom. This hot and damp room can otherwise leak excess humidity into your home.
- Upgrade Your Home Thermostat: If you don’t already have one, install an automatic thermostat. These allow you to pre-set a schedule for your heating and cooling system. In summer, for instance, you could schedule the air conditioning to run stronger at midday when the sun is shining the brightest. Once the cool evening air comes, you can decrease the temperature.
If you’ve considered making changes to your heating and cooling system, look to Luxaire for help. Their “In The Aire” initiative is dedicated to helping home- and business-owners snag the latest in HVAC systems, home thermostats, air cleaners, and more. Their goal is to give you the best air quality possible. Click here to find a dealer near you, as they serve states throughout the Northeast. You can also call the 24-hour toll free number at 1-888-LUXAIRE, or (888) 589-2473.