Are you looking for a unique way to celebrate a special occasion such as a bridal shower, birthday, church group function, or bachelorette party? A Paint Party with Artherapy Studios is your answer! It's easy to host your own party. Just follow our step-by-step directions and choose a painting from our gallery ahead of time is all you need to do. We will do most of the work for you! Add food and drinks, and your friends will be sure to have a memorable time!
PARTY PLANNING SCHEDULE
Use our handy party planning checklist to help make sure that your party runs smoothly so you can enjoy yourself as much as possible.
3-4 weeks before:
- Set a date for the party and send invitations. Ask for R.S.V.P.s so we know how many supplies to bring with us
- Choose the painting that you and your guests will paint.
- We will come out to look at your space to help determine what supplies we need to bring with us on the day of your party.
1 week before:
- Plan your menu. Keep it simple by including make-ahead dishes if possible, and make large batches of cocktails or serve bottles of wine for beverages.
- Order any themed decorations you want such as plates, napkins, tablecloths, and banners.
- Come up with a music playlist, coordinating the music with the theme of the party if possible. Make sure you play it at a level that doesn't hinder conversation once the festivities get rolling.
- Give the house a good cleaning!
2-3 days before:
- Create a detailed shopping list for food and drinks.
- Arrange furniture so that each guest has enough room for his or her easel and supplies. (We will bring tables, chairs, and easels if you need us to) You just need to make sure you have room where you want us to set up.
- Check your lighting. Make sure guests will be able to see to paint and blend colors properly.
- We even bring drop cloths so you don't have to worry about paint spills.
The day before:
- Shop for food and beverages. Don't forget the ice!
- Buy flowers to help decorate.
- Do as much prep cooking as possible.
- Do cleaning touch-ups as needed.
1 hour before:
- Empty the dishwasher so it's ready to fill quickly and easily with dirty dishes from the party.
- Change into your party clothes.
- Lower the thermostat so guests stay comfortable after everyone arrives.
30 minutes before:
- We arrive around 30 minutes before to set up for class
- Light candles and turn on the music.
- Pour a glass of wine
- We will clean up all the art supplies (this takes anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour)