When it comes to grocery shopping, you always want to maximize your trip by purchasing products that have more than one use. Next time you’re shopping at Cranberry Country Market in Tomah, WI, pick up a bottle of apple cider vinegar! You might be surprised at how versatile this pantry staple is when it comes to cooking, cleaning, and even personal hygiene.
7 Helpful Tips Using Apple Cider Vinegar
- Glowing Skin: Use apple cider vinegar as a facial toner for glowing skin! Combine one part vinegar to four parts water, and apply to the skin with a cotton ball. Let it sit for about 20 minutes before rinsing.
- All-Purpose Cleaner: Never buy pricey household cleaners from the grocery store again — switch to using apple cider vinegar for an all-natural way to keep your home looking spotless! Use a spray bottle to combine one part vinegar to one part water, and use it the same way you would use any other cleaning product. To mask the sharp smell that can accompany vinegar, try mixing in 2-3 drops of your favorite essential oil.
- Clean, Shiny Hair: Many wonder by apple cider vinegar’s cleansing and clarifying properties when used as a shampoo substitute. Pour slowly over your scalp while in the shower and allow it to sit for three minutes before rinsing. Don’t worry — the smell will dissipate quickly once you comb your hair.
- Rid Your Home of Fruit Flies: If you have unwanted pests buzzing around your home, try filling a container with a thin layer of vinegar and a drop of dish soap. The smell of the vinegar attracts fruit flies, while the soap provides sticking power to make sure they don’t escape.
- Detoxifying Bath: After a long day, unwind with a luxurious, detoxifying bath by pouring up to one cup of apple cider vinegar into the water. Add in Epsom salts and lavender essential oil and allow yourself to indulge in some much-needed rest and relaxation.
- Cure Hiccups: Seriously! If you’re looking for a way to get rid of the hiccups fast, try swallowing a teaspoon of straight apple cider vinegar.
- Buttermilk Substitute: Have a recipe that calls for buttermilk? Add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to one cup of milk, and allow the mixture to sit at room temperature until the milk thickens.
Looking for more ideas on how to make the most out of what’s in your pantry? Locals will agree — Cranberry Country Market is the best little grocery store in the Tomah area for fresh local produce, meats, dairy, and some old-fashioned advice. This country store keeps its shelves stocked year-round with fresh, local food and the pantry staples that your family needs. Stay up to date on their weekly specials and deals online. If you have a question about something in their inventory, give these friendly neighborhood grocers a call at (608) 374-4944.