Taking care of pets and keeping them healthy is no easy feat. Whether small and big-eyed or furry with a loud bark, your pet’s health is just as important as any human being's. Understanding this fact, Waipahu Waikele Pet Hospital strives to treat your pet as the well-deserved family member that he or she is.
Between providing a range of exceptional services for all pets, they make it a priority to remind animal owners what’s needed when keeping their pets healthy. Thanks to the expert veterinarians, the staff at Waipahu Waikele came up with a simple list of tips on how to manage your pet’s health:
- Keep your pet at a healthy weight. Your pets love to eat, especially human food. But you want to make sure that you’re serving your animal with healthy proportions and not too many treats.
- Make sure your pet exercises. Come up with a consistent schedule where your pet can get his proper amount of exercise in. This can involve any physical activity from walking to playing games in the backyard.
- Have your veterinarian examine your pet at least once a year. Animals deserve to get checked on too! Schedule a visit to your veterinary hospital at least once a year to make sure your pet is healthy, and so the vet can detect if there are any problems.
- Keep your pet free of parasites. Better known as fleas and ticks, protect your animal from any pests or insects that could potentially hurt them. Your best option is to consult with your veterinarian for the best product your pet can take.
- Feed your pet a balanced diet. Along with serving them healthy proportions, make sure that your pets are getting the right amount of nutrition. Do some research before choosing a food brand you can trust, and contact your veterinarian for suggestions.
In business for over 40 years, Waipahu Waikele Pet Hospital has provided the absolute finest in pet care within the Waipahu community. Combined with a team of pet lovers, professionals and animal owners alike, the staff offers a large variety of services. For more information on managing your pet’s health, scheduling an appointment and other pet-related issues, visit the veterinary hospital online or call (808) 671-7387.