As much as sunglasses are an iconic piece of fashion, they’re also functional eye care staples designed to keep your eyes protected from harmful UV rays. As the leading provider of eyeglasses in Kalispell, MT, Dolan Family Vision wants to help you select the best sunglasses to meet your needs.
Here, the eye care professionals share a few tips to help you choose your best pair of shades:
- Go Big: Sunglasses with large lenses aren’t just stylish, they also provide a better level of protection. Due to their larger surface area, they can keep the sun’s rays from damaging your eyes from all angles.
- Block UVA & UVB Rays: Both types of rays can cause damage to your eyes and the delicate skin surrounding them, so look for lenses with at least 99% protection against UVA and UVB.
- Don’t Stress Over Tints: You might think darker lenses would provide a higher level of protection. In reality, as long as they have the protection level described in the previous point, the color of the lenses doesn’t matter.
- Consider Polarized: Eye care professionals often recommend polarized lenses for individuals who spend a lot of time on the water or the road. Polarized lenses have a special coating designed to block glare, which can make it much easier to see on sunny days.
- Ask About Transitions: If you regularly wear eyeglasses, you may find it cumbersome to switch between your “regular” glasses and your sunglasses. For glasses wearers, there’s a unique and convenient option: transitions. These special lenses turn into sunglasses when exposed to natural light, making them an optimal choice for anyone who doesn’t want to carry around two separate pairs.
No matter your preferences, Dolan Family Vision has the right pair of sunglasses for you. To set up an appointment with one of their eye care professionals, call (406) 756-8420. You can also visit the eye care facility online to learn more about their services.