Summer is here, and if you’re like most parents, you’re looking for fun ways to entertain your kids throughout the long summer days. Enrolling them in a daytime art camp will give them a chance to unplug, get away from technology, and try something new. Paintbrushes & Party in Poughkeepsie, NY, hosts an art camp that is the perfect way to give your kids a unique and fun summer experience.
Here are a few reasons to enroll your child at a creative arts day camp this summer:
- Learn New Skills: At Paintbrushes & Party, your child will learn how to work with a variety of mediums to create unique works of art. The instructors spend time teaching each student the basic techniques, giving them knowledge not often found in most school-based art programs.
- Develop a New Form of Self-Expression: Art and painting provide your child with a new way to express themselves, whether it’s painting a natural landscape they love or using color to explore different emotions.
- Make New Friends: Art camp attracts a diverse group of students each year, bringing kids together from the greater Poughkeepsie area. During each session, your child will have a chance to make new friends outside their school and other extracurricular activities without having to leave the city for overnight camp.
- Boost Self-Confidence: When your child learns a new skill, they’ll become more confident in themselves. With each painting, they’ll be able to track their improvement, discuss the techniques they used to create each painting, and work on improving their skills as they grow as artists. This confidence often carries over into other parts of their lives, from sports to academics.
- Encourages Kids to Try New Things: Once your child is exposed to the arts, they’ll be more likely to express interest in other creative hobbies. This can help them expand their interests and develop new skills long after art camp is over.
This summer, let your kids explore their creative side at Paintbrushes & Party. Visit their website for more information on their camp sessions and kids’ birthday party options. Call (845) 467-2468 to enroll your child today.