Common to medicine is the use of conservative treatment before other options are explored. Too often, patients think that they should turn to prescription drugs or invasive surgery for treatment before looking into conservative care.
It may seem obvious to see a physical therapist when recommended by your physician or orthopedic physician, but physical therapists can also help with a wide range of movement and pain issues. More people suffer more from wear-and-tear problems than they do acute problems.
Consult physical therapists for:
- musculoskeletal aches and pains
- poor posture from repetitive motions
- balance concerns
- side effects of neurological conditions
- sprains and muscle strains
- carpal tunnel syndrome, hand/wrist problems
- post-surgical rehabilitation