If you want to get a taste of Hawaiian culture this summer, Waimea Valley in Haleiwa, HI, invites you to their historic site for one of their specially curated events. While their grounds are known as a tourist attraction throughout the year for Waihi Falls and their botanical garden, they also organize summer programming that is not to be missed.
This year, you can expect to see the following events related to Hawaiian culture:
- Summer Concert Series: The 5th Annual Summer Concert Series at Waimea Valley features a variety of artists on June 24, July 29 and August 26, 2017. You can find the details on their website, but each show will be from 3:00–6:30 p.m. on the Waimea Valley main lawn.
- Moon Walk: This historic site is hosting a moon walk that features a buffet dinner at the Proud Peacock and food catered by Ke Nui Kitchen. Dinners start at 6:00 p.m., and the walk occurs between 8:00–9:00 p.m.
- Farmers Market: For fresh produce and handcrafted food, drop by the Farmers Market on Thursdays from 2:00–6:00 p.m. It can be found in the Waimea Valley Pikake Pavilion.
- Screen on the Green: Featuring free admission, the Screen on the Green movie series is not to be missed. Showings run from June 1 through July 6th at 7:15 p.m.
- Family Day: On the third Sunday of every month, you can plan on bringing your loved ones to family day. With Hawaiian cultural activities, artisans, and games, you’re bound to have a good time in Waimea Valley.
Each of these events offers a unique opportunity for locals and visitors alike to visit the beautiful premises and partake in exciting activities from Hawaiian culture. Waimea Valley business operating hours for summer 9am to 6pm kicks off June 1st.To learn more about Waimea Valley, call (808) 638-7766, or visit them online for a complete overview of their summer programming.