As the body ages, it becomes more susceptible to injuries and drawn-out healing processes. However, many senior citizens can get the relief they deserve with routine chiropractic care. Twin Pine Family Chiropractic provides comprehensive service to residents of Montgomery County, NY, by offering personalized treatment for a number of physical ailments.
Here, they list a few of the many benefits senior citizens can enjoy with regular chiropractic visits:
- Improved Balance: Old age is often accompanied by a deficiency in one’s mechanoreceptors, which are located in the spine to help with balance and coordination. As a result, one’s sense of bodily awareness is reduced. Chiropractic care can restore equilibrium through regular stimulation of the mechanoreceptors.
- Limited Joint Degeneration: When the spine is out of alignment, it can trigger joint collapse and degeneration, including conditions like arthritis. With certain chiropractic treatments, the spine can be brought back into alignment to reduce joint degeneration.
- Pain Relief: Pain from spinal ailments can be downright debilitating. Luckily, a professional chiropractor has the training to detect and remedy misalignments that cause chronic pain for senior citizens.
- Broader Range of Motion: Routine chiropractic care sessions are known to increase the range of motion in one’s arms, legs, and other extremities. Properly applied spinal adjustments provide relief for senior citizens when bending, walking, reaching, or participating in hobbies that bring them joy.
- Less Slips & Falls: Unfortunately, senior citizens are at a high risk of bone injuries caused by slips and falls. To prevent these scenarios, regular chiropractic adjustments will put the spine’s mechanoreceptors back into alignment. The treatment provides even more protection against falls when combined with exercise to build muscular strength and flexibility.
From neck and back pain relief to sports injury treatment and nutritional counseling, Twin Pine Family Chiropractic offers a holistic approach toward total-body treatment. Their trusted team of chiropractors recognizes all patients are different, which is why they create customized care programs to address your unique physical needs.
If you or an elderly loved one is suffering from ongoing pain, chiropractic care may be the solution. To schedule a consultation, call Twin Pine Family Chiropractic today at (518) 853-1567. Visit the clinic’s Facebook page for more information on services and to read client reviews.