Spring is here! This great time of year is full of celebrations and social/special occasion eating events. Don’t get stressed, instead plan ahead to suit your needs.
Social Eating Tips:
If you are a guest….
- Set time limits at food-centered events
- Don’t arrive hungry!
- Distance yourself from the food table
If you are the host…
- Consider reducing your cooking time and exposure to tempting foods by having the event catered or share the cooking responsibilities and ask guests to bring a dish for a “potluck”
- After the party, make sure to have a plan for leftovers
- Encourage non-food holiday traditions to incorporate more activities and bonding without food being the focus