If you have lost teeth, it’s natural to have concerns about your appearance and oral health. Fortunately, advanced dental technology makes it possible for people to replace missing teeth. The experts at Oral Surgery Associates of Alaska have saved the smiles of Anchorage residents like you with dental implants. These prosthetics offer a permanent solution to missing teeth.
To install dental implants, your oral surgeon will place a titanium screw, or anchor, into your jawbone. For the next three to six months, the surgeon will allow your jaw to heal before placing the artificial tooth. This high-tech replacement stands out from other smile restoration options because it replaces the entire tooth from crown to root, resulting in these unique benefits:
- Behave Like Real Teeth: Implants are designed to mimic your natural teeth. You can chew, brush, and floss as you normally would, so you may even forget you have an implant.
- Prevent Bone Loss: When you lose a tooth, the underlying jawbone will deteriorate over time without support from a tooth root. Dental implants provide the stimulation needed to keep your jawbone strong.
- Support the Surrounding Teeth: Losing one tooth can put others at risk. Dental implants support neighboring teeth and keep them in place, so you have a healthy, beautiful smile.
- Provide a Youthful Appearance: Implants prevent the facial sagging that can accompany bone loss.
- Made to Last: If you maintain your oral hygiene routine and do not experience implant rejection, your new tooth will last the rest of your life.
Restoring your smile with this oral surgery procedure can help you rediscover your self-confidence and improve your quality of life.
To find out if you’re a good candidate for dental implants, call Oral Surgery Associates of Alaska at (907) 561-1430 to schedule an appointment. Visit their website to learn more about how implants can protect your oral health and improve your smile.