Moving is one of the top stressful events someone can experience. Having open and clear communication with your moving company, however, can help reduce the pressure and make the process smoother. As an expert source for home moving and storage in Kapolei, Hawaii, Aloha International Moving Services know how important having crystal-clear communication with clients is. Knowing the right questions to ask before choosing a moving company can ultimately mean all the difference. Here are five considerations to help make the difficult decision:
- Payment & Transportation Fee: You should never pay a moving company the full moving fee or a large deposit upfront. Payment should only be completed after your possessions have been safely transported to their destination. Also, before paying, double-check to ensure everything is accounted for. If not, verify the missing item or items in the presence of the movers to prevent miscommunication.
- Insurance Specifics: Purchasing moving insurance only to find out it doesn’t cover a specific damage or problem can be an unhappy surprise. Before signing the dotted line, talk with the moving company to get a complete understanding of what the insurance does and doesn’t cover.
- Hidden Costs: Before agreeing to the move, you should request a full list of expenses the moving company charges. If some of these, such as an additional cost for moving large objects like as a piano, are not mentioned upfront, you will get blindsided with the extra expense.
- Licensed & Insured: Every reputable moving company should be both licensed and insured. Also, each company will have a unique USDOT number, and you can search for the business on the Department of Transportation site to make sure everything is in order.
- Experience: Depending on your current residence or where you are moving to, the movers might have to contend with challenging locations, such as cramped elevators, small hallways, or lots of stairs. Let the moving company know upfront about any difficult situations they may encounter. This is also a good time to let the moving company know if you have any special considerations regarding your possessions, like pianos, especially valuable and fragile goods, etc.
Aloha International Moving Services is committed to delivering the highest quality moving services to all residents of Oahu. With that goal comes clear communication with all clients to ensure every move is conducted professionally and without any confusion. For more information, call (808) 682-2500 or visit the website today.