What sets JEI Math & English apart from others?
- Our system for Math and English is very well aligned with Common Core standard curriculum that schools are applying now. Also JEI Math is aligned with NCTM (National Council of Teachers of Mathematics) standards and JEI English is aligned with NCTE (National Council of Teachers of English) standards.
- On our system, we let kids understand first (conceptual understanding first), and then we let kids do practice, drill, and master the concepts by taking one hour class (very small class setting, up to 5 kids with one teacher) and finishing up a workbook for a week. By doing so every week, students will be able to master concepts and apply the concepts to word problems. That's why our JEI students are so good at word problems.
- Our system covers all the math areas that school math covers, so not only Number Operation, but also Geometry, Measurement, Relation &Function, Time and Money calculation, Graph, Unit conversion, and etc...
- Our system makes students readers and thinkers, not just simple mechanical calculators. This is very profound difference from other competitors and core philosophy that we have.
- Characteristics of JEI workbooks:
- Specific & Clear Objectives
- Small Step Texts: Easy to follow small steps, Progresses from simple to complex and aspecific to abstract,
- Examples and clues to make self-learning possible
- Spiral Structure: Well-organized texts work toward a final objective, Incorporates previously learned skills into new skills.
For more information, call 408) 270-6162, JEI Learning Center, South San Jose or go to www.jeilearning.com.