Are you currently suffering from chronic pain in your back or neck, or from frequent headaches? If visits to your regular, primary care physician haven’t found a solution to your pain, you should consider consulting a chiropractor. The medical office at O’Fallon Pain Relief Associates in O’Fallon, MO, not only offers physical therapies and pain management, but they also have a chiropractor to help with your chronic pain.
Here are five symptoms or situations that indicate you may need to visit a chiropractor:
- Chronic Pain: If you experience continuous pain in your muscles and joints, don’t just visit the medicine cabinet for quick relief to cover up your symptoms. The pain you are having may be due to spinal or postural alignment. By visiting a chiropractor who is trained to detect any issues with your spinal structure or posture, they can determine where there is possible misalignment and correct the problem.
- Repetitive Tasks & Immobility: Jobs where you sit for most of the day hunched over a desk or perform repetitive assignments, result in poor posture or unwanted stress and pressure in your neck, back, and shoulders. The stress and pressure in your neck, back, and shoulders can cause bones and discs in your spine to shift, and if not properly checked and realigned by a chiropractor, could lead to problems later like a bulging or herniated disc. If your job also includes repetitive movements like typing or standing in a single spot, like a cash register or work station, then this can lead to overuse injuries or cause parts of your body to shift out of place.
- Leg or Arm Pain: Shooting pain or tingling in your legs or arms may also be an indication of a misaligned spine or an inflamed and swollen disc. Visiting a chiropractor may help this problem if traditional medicine or physical therapy has not alleviated the problem. A chiropractor will perform gentle spinal adjustments to remove the pressure being placed on the pinched nerve.
- Frequent Headaches or Migraines: Frequent headaches can have several origins, but a common cause of headaches is spinal misalignment in your neck and upper back. If your regular doctor has been unable to determine the source of your headaches, consider visiting a chiropractor for spinal adjustments. Migraine sufferers have reported that the frequency and intensity of their migraines decrease after visiting a chiropractor.
- Regular Activity: Regular exercise and activity is great for your muscular and cardiovascular health, but they can also be hard on your body and cause strain on your muscles, joints, and nerves. Over time, your spine can become misaligned, prone to disc problems, and suffer with pinched nerves. Visits to a chiropractor can keep your body in alignment so you can get out of pain now and keep your pain from worsening later.
If you are experiencing neck pain, back pain, or headaches, call today to schedule an appointment a chiropractor or other pain management professional at O’Fallon Pain Relief Associates in O’Fallon, MO, at (636) 978-3000, or visit their website for additional information.