Washing your hair often becomes such an automatic part of your daily routine that we never really stop to wonder if we’re using the right hair products for our hair type. With so many different options and brands out there, it can be hard to find the right one. Luckily, the hairstylists at Fantastic Sam’s in Littleton, CO, are here to help.
They say that the first step to buying the right hair products is to figure out your hair type. Is it straight or curly? Is your hair still its natural color or do you regularly dye it? Is it flat or frizzy? The answers to these questions play an important role in the hair products you choose. Everything from your shampoo and conditioner to your mousse and gel should be chosen with your hair type in mind to keep it as healthy as possible.
Usually, hair products will be labeled with words that relate to your specific hair type to help you determine which one you should go with. If you’re still having trouble, remember these tips:
- Fine Hair: Go with a shampoo that promises to add volume to your hair. For an additional boost, consider investing in other volumizing products.
- Curly Hair: Curly hair can become damaged easily so it’s important to use a shampoo that is specifically designed for dry or chemically-treated hair.
- Dry Hair: This may seem like a no-brainer, but if your hair is dry, you need a product that will give it moisture. Check the labels of hair products for natural oils such as coconut, avocado, or grapeseed oil.
- Oily Hair: If your hair already has too much moisture, you’ll want to stay away from hair products that mention anything about moisture replenishment. Instead, try searching for a shampoo that is specifically formulated for oily hair.
- Dyed Hair: Unless you want to spend money on dying your hair too often, use a color-preserving shampoo. This type of hair product will keep your color vibrant for longer.
For more advice on how to keep your hair healthy, call the hairstylists at Fantastic Sam’s today. You can reach them at (303) 971-0696. You can also visit them online for more information regarding all of their services.