If you’ve got pests like termites, rodents, or bedbugs, you’ll need to call a pest control company for fumigation. It’s a process that takes over your home for a few days, so according to SK Pest Elimination in New Haven County, CT, there is some preparation you need to do before the exterminators arrive.
Here, they describe the key steps you should take to get ready:
- Ask About Plants: Depending on how the fumigation tent needs to be positioned, plants may have to be removed to accommodate. Leaves and mulch should be raked twelve inches or more from the house. Indoor plants may need to be moved or covered as well.
- Protect Food: Tightly seal all food in bags provided by the fumigator, or temporarily move food away from the house. Also seal toiletries, such as tooth and hair brushes.
- Open Doors: Open cabinets, drawers, and doors between rooms. This allows the fumigation chemicals to move properly throughout the house and work effectively in hard-to-reach places.
- Pack Carefully: No one will be allowed to enter the house for two to three days once the exterminators seal off the house for fumigating, so make a checklist and plan ahead. Will your son be hysterical without his favorite teddy bear? Will you need your heavy jacket for an upcoming cold snap? Before you vacate, make sure to pack everything you might need.
- Housing Arrangements: Whether it’s a weekend at grandma’s or a hotel for a few days, make sure you have housing arrangements settled while the pest control company works.
If you’ve got bedbugs, termites, rodents, or other pests invading your home in New Haven county, talk to SK Pest Elimination about fumigation. Their 100% satisfaction guarantee has earned them a reputation as a top pest control company in CT. Call at (203) 627-2380 for a free quote, or visit them online to learn more about their bedbug removal and other services.