Life and its many twists and turns can bring on a number of emotional setbacks. For some, the challenges come so fast and furious, it leaves them mentally paralyzed. Since 1980, Psych & Psych Services in Elyria, OH, has offered a variety of therapy options to help patients from all walks of life identify, discuss, and treat depression, anxiety, and a host of other conditions.
If you find yourself in the midst of a roller coaster of negative feelings and don’t know why, there is relief. From your local family counseling center, here are a few red flags that could signal it’s time to seek therapy:
- Unable to Shake Bad Feelings: Unexpected disruptions, such as a death in the family or a job loss, can understandably cause people to retreat. However, when the bad feelings linger on for weeks, months, or longer, therapy sessions can offer some breakthroughs.
- Alcohol & Drug Use: Excessive drinking, drug use, overeating, and even gambling are all forms of self-medication. Participating or overindulging may be the person’s attempts to mask pain while looking for temporary fixes to feel better. A licensed and empathetic psychologist can help uncover the cause of the pain.
- High Stress Levels: Anxiety brought on by work, family, and other daily pressures are triggers for high stress. While you were once able to deal with life’s challenges, your coping skills are no longer enough. Therapy sessions may be the solution to discover (or rediscover) ways to cope.
- Sense of Feeling Trapped: Even though your job or marriage is everything you ever wanted, you still feel trapped. If the feeling overwhelms you for some time, and you’re not sure why, therapy can help identify the source of the problem.
- Can Acknowledge Your Feelings: Rather than ignore or dismiss your fear, anxiety, or stress, you’re ready to acknowledge something is off. Even better, you’re committed to doing the work in therapy to get to a better place in your emotional life.
You’re not alone and what you’re experiencing deserves to be acknowledged. Psych & Psych Services invites you to start the healing process. To schedule an appointment, call (440) 323-5121. Visit the website for extensive information on a wide range of mental health services for you and your loved ones.