Even the world’s greatest piano players can’t attest to being very good at actually moving their favorite musical instrument. That’s because it’s a tricky task. So, what’s the best way to handle such an enormous piece? It’s usually safest to hire a piano mover, such as the team at Chaz Moving, to do the job for you. Based in Sparta, WI, they offer over 25 years of moving experience.
It’s far too easy to make mistakes when moving a piano. There are several reasons a professional moving company can manage the job efficiently—the main one being they are equipped to avoid these mistakes:
- Using Improper Equipment: Unless you own all the proper equipment to safely transport a piano, you probably don’t want to attempt it on your own. Piano movers have appropriately sized dollies, padding, and secure straps that help keep the instrument safe during transport.
- Lifting the Wrong Way: It’s tempting to lift a piano from the bottom, but hoisting it up by its legs is a surefire path to destruction. The legs of a piano are extremely delicate, and odds are one of them could break if it’s lifted this way. The instrument is unlikely to survive, but even worse is the injury it could cause to anyone lifting the piano.
- Not Protecting the Lid: The piano’s lid must be properly secured before transport. This is a large piece that could disturb the instrument’s balance if it’s not secured. Some pianos do have lid locks, which makes it easy to keep them down. It should also be properly padded and wrapped to prevent damage while in transit.
- Forgetting Measurements: It would be a shame to lift the piano out of the room only to discover it doesn’t fit into another doorway. Measure openings and hallways to confirm the piano will comfortably fit through each space. Make sure the paths are completely cleared.
- Avoiding Professional Help: There’s no greater relief than knowing you can trust a professional to treat your piano with care and respect. Piano movers will do the job seamlessly and safely. Don’t put yourself in harm’s way when there’s someone who is happy to help you.
If you plan to move your piano, now is a great time to get in touch with the professionals at Chaz Moving. They will gently, skillfully, and successfully transport your musical instrument wherever it needs to go. Visit the moving company’s website to learn more, or call (608) 269-6683 for more information.