Having hard water in your home can be a headache, especially if it impacts your daily activities, which is why Don’s Plumbing in Canyon Lake, TX, carries a wide range of today’s leading water softening technology. However, it isn’t always easy to determine when you’re in need of a water softener, so the expert plumbers have compiled some facts for you.
If you’re having issues with your water supply, here are five clear signs you’re in need of a water softener:
- Streaked Dishes: Hard water lessens the effectiveness of soap. One sign you’re in need of a water softener is dishes that end up streaked and smeared even after being run through the dishwasher.
- Buildup on Appliances: Hard water is caused by an excess of minerals in your drinking water, which leaves a green or white residue around fixtures. If you’ve noticed residue on your appliances or fixtures, it’s a sign you have hard water.
- Dry Skin or Hair: In addition to your appliances and fixtures, hard water can affect your physical appearance. If your skin or hair feels particularly dry, or you have trouble washing up, then you’re likely in need of a water softener.
- Stained Sinks & Tubs: Over time, hard water will leave noticeable green or gray stains in your sink or bathtub that can be difficult to remove.
- Strange Taste: Although hard water isn’t harmful to your health, many find that its high mineral content leaves an unpleasant taste in their mouth. But, a water softener will help remove some of those minerals, allowing you to once again enjoy your tap water.
For those who are tired of having hard water impact their daily routine, there’s no better way to combat it than with one of the water softeners from Don’s Plumbing. Call them today at (830) 964-4477 or visit them online to learn more about their water filtration services.