Severe storms can happen any time of the year in Rochester, NY, which is why it’s always smart to keep your home or business prepared with a standby generator. These backup power sources help to ensure your family or employees will have access to heat, water, and other crucial necessities even when the power is out. If you live in Rochester, Syracuse, Buffalo, or the surrounding areas, Anderson Water Systems is your go-to source for the best generators around.
Here are a few considerations to be mindful of when searching for a standby generator for your home or business:
- Plan Ahead: Many people take a reactive approach to buying generators, and only plan to get one either after or just before a large storm hits. Don’t wait until bad weather is on the horizon to start planning your purchase.
- Understand Your Power Needs: Make a list of the must-have electrical essentials you need access to when the power goes out. For instance, consider your refrigerator, sump pump, and heating and cooling needs, tallying up the wattage used by each device. That should help provide a ballpark range for the wattage you should target, but a good rule of thumb is to seek at least 5,000 watts to cover the basics in a residential setting.
- Consider Important Features: Generators can come with different features. The automatic start feature found on most standby generators is desirable for many home and business owners because if you’re not home or have important devices that need to stay running, you won’t have to worry about turning the generator on manually.
- Choose Your Model: Generators are an investment in your home or business’s safety; therefore, it’s important to go with a reliable brand with good ratings. Do some research before selecting a model.
- Find a Trusted Provider: Your research should also include looking for reputable companies in the area to install and maintain your generator. This way, you will be entirely prepared for emergency circumstances.
The expert technicians at Anderson Water Systems have more than 60 years of utility support experience, making them the area’s most trusted source for standby generators. To discuss your backup power needs with their reliable team, call (800) 836-2509, or visit their website for more details.