It’s a fishy world out there but someone has got to embrace it, and that someone should be you! Eating seafood is not only appealing to your taste buds, but it’s notably good for your overall health. Rich in Omega-3 fish fatty acids, fish can actually help your body heal a variety of problems. However, if you want to reap the benefits that come along with eating seafood, you’re going to want to choose the right kind of fish. For quick, fresh seafood and everything you need to know about fish, The Clam Digger is a great resource.
Here are the top 5 types of fish to eat that are high in omega-3, according to the seafood restaurant:
- Salmon – One of the most accessible and well-known types of fish, salmon takes the top of the list for omega-3 richness. The king salmon is the best type to eat, caught in the wild from California to Alaska.
- Sardines – When they are fresh, sardines are not only delicious but will maximize your intake of omega-3. If you can’t find fresh sardines, canned ones are just as good.
- Smelt – Found in the freezer section of most supermarkets, they are quick and easy fish to fry up and serve. Better yet, you will be getting a good dose of omega-3.
- Shad – It’s tricky to find in some locations, and it’s even harder to find them without any bones. However, once you do you’ll have a delicious seafood meal and a hearty helping of omega-3.
- Anchovies – Similar to the sardine, finding fresh anchovies isn’t always easy, but preserved ones can be just as good. Served on a pizza or on many Mediterranean dishes, Spanish white anchovies are the way to go.
The Clam Digger is not your average seafood restaurant, taking fresh fish right when you want it most. You won’t find any fresh seafood quick-service restaurant that matches the quality behind The Clam Digger.