Cold temperatures and harsh wintry winds can wreck havoc on your skin. This time of year, it’s incredibly important to give your skin extra TLC. Luckily, it only takes some simple skin care treatments to maintain a glowing complexion all year round
Check out these winter skin care tips to get started:
- Switch Your Facial Cleanser: To cope with the dry air that comes with indoor heating, choose a mild, non-irritating cleanser. You’ll want something less intense than what you use in summer, when you’re combating extra oily skin and sweat. A milk- or lotion-based moisturizing cleanser is a great option.
- Don’t Forget Sunscreen: It’s easy to remember the SPF when the summer sun is blazing down on you, but not everyone remembers that it’s still a necessity during the colder months of the year. You still need to maintain a sunscreen routine in winter. The sun’s rays may seem weaker, but they will still damage your skin, causing sunspots, premature wrinkles, and other signs of aging.
- Oil Up Your Body: While the skin on your face is especially susceptible in winter due to harsher exposure, the skin on your body will also benefit from special skin care treatments during this time of year. Shower oil cleansers are a great way to soothe dry and flakey winter skin. Follow up your cleanser with a moisturizing session.
- Exfoliate All Over: The dry skin you get in winter requires extra attention. Exfoliate your face and body at least once a week to remove flakiness and keep pores clear. If you’re prone to oily skin and acne, look for non-comedogenic options to keep your face clear and beautiful.
- See A Dermatologist: When the seasons change, it’s the perfect time to see your dermatologist. A skin care professional can check for any new damage caused by the summer sun — and can also recommend the right products to get you through the winter.
If you’re in need of a dermatologist in the Princeton, WV, area, look to Derm One PLLC. These professionals offer an array of skin care treatments, from skin biopsies to microdermabrasion. With more than 20 years of experience, they know all the tricks for creating glowing skin. Call (304) 425-9448 to book a consultation. Visit their website to learn more about the services they offer.