The big day is well on its way, and burrowing through racks of bridal gowns to find that perfect one is no easy task. With so many options, how do you know which one is right for you? If you’re in the Leominster, Massachusetts, area, turn to the experts at Chic Sport Tailor, one of the area’s premier bridal shops.
Offering an extensive selection of options and the wedding dress alterations necessary to make them fit perfectly, these experts know a thing or two about bridal gowns. They’re here to share their secrets for selecting the ideal option based on your body type:
- Apple: Look for a dress that cinches at the waistline and flares out into a fuller skirt. A bodice with texture and detail will fit and flatter your shape perfectly, creating a slenderizing effect. A deep V neckline adds to this effect, drawing eyes in a vertical direction.
- Busty: Be on the lookout for bridal gowns with scooped necklines. Strapless gowns are still an option, just opt for the right appeal. A slight dip, like that of a sweetheart neckline, still plays up your bust in a sophisticated way without revealing too much.
- Pear: Search for styles with a gradual flare. They should flow out from your waist to the floor, which will highlight your waist’s natural, narrow shape. Your hips and thighs will be covered by the material as it flows down in a gorgeous manner. Look for thin straps or deep necklines on top to showcase your upper body.
- Petite: Search for trumpet and sheath styles, and don’t forget wedding dress alterations if your favorite is too long. If you seek out a style that sits above your natural waistline, it’ll make your entire body appear longer.
- Plus-Sized: Empire styles sit best on your body type, beginning under the bust for a flowy, floor-length style. Stay away from pleating, and find a solid fit that flatters your shape. Anything too loose will distract from the gown itself, so don’t be afraid to play up your figure.
- Tall: The simple look is best for taller women, as it emphasizes your shape with a low waistline and hem to match your proportions. Try to stay away from long sleeves, and if you do want them, aim for a longer look that melds well with your shape.
If you’re searching for bridal gowns, Chic Sport Tailor has you covered. Visit them online to start shopping at one of the best bridal shops in the area, or call (978) 840-6960 to set up your appointment today!