Cosmetic dentistry is a term which encompasses many dental procedures designed to beautify your smile. However, in some cases, these treatments can also improve the functional use of your teeth. Dr. Frank Dentremont at Dentremont Dental Services performs several cosmetic procedures conveniently located at his Gulf Shores, AL-based practice.
If you’re unhappy with your smile because of tooth decay, staining, or other aesthetic issues, Dr. “Dee" recommends one of the following:
- Teeth Whitening: One of the most popular types of cosmetic dentistry, teeth whitening is usually done in an office for safe, lasting, and well-balanced results. This professional treatment can remove discoloration from tobacco, wine, and food dyes without creating unnatural tooth shades. We also offer a convenient take-home option which can help you whiten your teeth.
- Inlays & Onlays: Inlays and onlays are thin, tooth-colored shells that cover either a portion of a tooth or its entire surface. Cosmetic dentists recommend them for teeth that have decayed to the point where they can’t withstand regular fillings. They are made of a space-age material harder than anything we’ve been able to offer in the past.
- Veneers: In cosmetic dentistry, veneers are realistic ceramic shells that can cover misshapen teeth, close gaps, and solve other irregularities where inlays and onlays fall short. They can be either placed over your existing teeth without altering them or your teeth can be altered to make the veneers more life-like.
- Porcelain Crowns: While veneers mainly cover the outward facing sides of your teeth, crowns provide additional coverage, including over the top. They’re best-suited for severely damaged teeth that need more structure than veneers can provide.
- Bridges: When you’re only missing one or two teeth and are not a candidate for dental implants, you may prefer bridgework. Secured by crowns fastened on neighboring teeth, bridges close gaps with false teeth.
- Dental Implants: One of the newest cosmetic dentistry advances of all are implants, which replace teeth at the root. Made from surgically sterilized titanium, these root-like structures will fuse (or “integrate" in dental parlance) with your natural jawbone over time after being surgically placed. After fusion, the anchors are then fitted with posts that support a porcelain crown that have the same appearance and maintenance needs as natural teeth.
If you’ve been looking for transformative cosmetic dental work, call Dentremont Dental Services at (251) 943-0004 to schedule an appointment. For more information on these and other dental services, visit the website.