Whether you have suffered an injury or simply want to relax after a long day of work, hydrotherapy offers many benefits for the individual. The spa and hot tub experts from Home & Hearth in Traverse City, MI, wish to explain what this therapeutic technique can do for you.
From your physical health to your emotional welfare, hydrotherapy helps improve various facets of wellness, including:
- Relieves Pain: Hydrotherapy helps soothe sore muscles, reduces tension in the muscles and joints, and improves movement. For that reason, it is often recommended as therapy for those who have suffered injuries or are coping with pain.
- Aids in Rehabilitation: Warm, soothing water causes your blood to flow more and send healing to injuries, which also aids in healthy circulation. Not only does this help diminish pain, but it also helps speed up healing damaged muscles, tissues, or joints.
- Bolsters the Immune System: Improving your circulation enhances the movement of lymph, a natural colorless fluid that helps rid your body of unwanted materials, via the bloodstream. By improving your body’s lymph circulation, hydrotherapy may bolster your immune system and helps stave off viruses and illnesses.
- Improved Breathing: According to the National Center for Complementary and Alternative medicine at the National Institutes of Health, those with a cold, the flu, bronchitis, asthma, pneumonia, as well as other difficulties breathing, have found relief, healing and increased respiration while soaking in a hydrotherapy tub.
- Reduces Stress: Whether you are stressed out from work, holiday shopping, or taking care of the kids, hydrotherapy can help you cope. By helping reduce stress-related blood pressure and releasing endorphins, you can finally relax and unwind.
By incorporating hydrotherapy into your routine, you will experience some welcomed health and wellness benefits. To start living more peacefully and well, take a look at the spa and hot tub selection at Home & Hearth. For more information, call today at (231) 922-0064 or visit the website.