Looking for a special jewelry piece that’s personalized and completely unique? The experienced professionals at Frank Billanti Casting Co., New York City’s premier jewelry casting company, can create amazing finished pieces from your custom design.
Frank Billanti Casting Co.’s metalworking experts explain the jewelry casting process, which all begins with the design and follows these steps from start to finish:
- Design: Using Computer-Aided Design (CAD) technology, the artist renders a 3D jewelry design. The expert designers can assist you with making your vision a reality.
- Wax Carving & Mold Creation: The design is then made into a wax model to create a mold for the jewelry piece.
- Casting: Molten metal is poured into the plaster mold. Once it cools, the jewelry piece is removed, an exact replica of the initial design and wax model.
- Tumbling: A magnetic tumbler removes roughness from the casting step and prepares it for polishing.
- Jewelry Assembly & Stone Setting: The jewelry manufacturer assembles bracelets and necklaces, including clasps, hinges, posts, or other closures. Stones are set according to your design request. For rings, that includes prong, channel, pave, semi-bezel, or full-bezel setting options.
- Polishing: The final piece is then hand polished to a smooth finish and shine. You can choose to have a light polish, buff, matte, or high polish, depending on your tastes.
- Electroplating & E-Coating: An optional plating can add a coating of metal to your piece, such as gold, rose gold, silver, or rhodium. An E-coating is another option that some customers choose to help protect the piece from scratches and tarnishing. This clear protective layer will keep your piece looking flawless for years to come. E-coating in colors is also available and is becoming quite popular.
Make your next gift a gorgeous customized jewelry piece from Frank Billanti Casting Co. Call them at (212) 221-0440 or visit them online for more information about their jewelry casting process.