It’s no secret that the winter months can be harsh on your hair. Cold, dry temperatures put your hair and scalp under a lot of pressure, but with pro tips and a little help from your favorite beauty salon, you can keep your locks stress-free and shiny no matter what the weather.
For over 68 years, Milford, OH’s Eric’s Beauty Salon has specialized in the services needed to look and feel your best. The area’s favorite beauty salon proudly offers stylish and affordable haircuts, colors, and styles, along with manicure, pedicure, and waxing services to keep you looking and feeling your best. Prepare for your nicest hair yet by following their insider hair and scalp secrets, just in time for winter.
- Protect Hair From the Elements: The top tip that any hairstylist recommends is covering your head to protect hair from the elements. Since cold, wet weather takes its toll, covering hair is the best way to eliminate wetness. Just ensure that your hat isn’t too tight, or it could reduce circulation and irritate the scalp. If dryness is an issue, take control by using anti-dandruff shampoo to eliminate flakes.
- Keep Hair Hydrated: While you’re used to slurping down beverages to keep cool during summer months, hydration in winter is just as important. Dehydration will be visible on the outside, including your hair and scalp, so get plenty of liquids and use a moisturizing shampoo to revitalize your dry scalp.
- Avoid Over-Styling: While stopping by your favorite hair salon for a new ‘do is always a pampering experience, limit your use of heat tools at home. Heat quickly dries out both your hair and scalp, greatly increasing the risk of damage.
- Wash With Cool Water: While icy temperatures might tempt you to turn that water all the way up, you’ll notice that any hairstylist you go to will wash and rinse hair in cool water, no matter what the weather. Cool water revitalizes your hair, whereas hot water irritates your scalp’s delicate skin.
- Trim Regularly: No matter what your hair type, winter weather is guaranteed to make ends more dry and brittle than usual. Stop by your local beauty salon for regular trims to keep hair in quality condition, eliminating breakage and split ends.
Get ready to look wonderful this winter. For the best in hair care, Eric’s Beauty Salon is Milford’s go-to destination. The friendly and experienced staff gladly welcomes new clients, so visit the beauty salon online to learn more, or call (513) 831-4237 today to schedule an appointment.