If you’re a mom-to-be, you’ve likely heard about natural childbirth. Perhaps you know the basics of what it entails and you’re curious about whether it might be right for you, or maybe you just want to explore every possible option so you know you’re making the best delivery decisions for you and your baby. Whatever the case, the knowledgeable Certified Nurse Midwives at Geneva Woods Birth Center in Anchorage, AK, have all of the answers you could ever need about this choice.
Here, birthing center’s team presents some compelling reasons to consider natural birth:
- Your Baby Will Benefit: When you opt to use medications to aid your delivery, there’s a chance these substances could pass through your baby’s system, too. By making the decision to go natural, you’ll ensure your baby will be born alert and active instead of drugged as a result of the pain medications you took.
- You’ll Remember The Birth: With natural childbirth, you can experience the first encounter with your baby from a clear perspective. This exclusive first encounter is a magical moment that should be celebrated, and the last thing you’d want is to experience it through the fog that comes with pain medications.
- You Can Prepare In Advance: During your pregnancy, you can prepare for a natural delivery with birthing classes, which will help prepare your body for the process. Approaching childbirth with a prepared, calm mindset will result in an easier time delivering your baby naturally.
- You’ll Still Have Assistance: Choosing natural birth does not in any way mean you have to forego your health or your baby’s safety. The team at Geneva Woods Birth Center simply believes you can have a nurturing experience in a comfortable environment where you’re in control of your own birth. With that said, you’ll still be surrounded by experienced and certified professionals to ensure wellness for you and your baby.
- You’ll Have Freedom: An epidural can make delivery less painful, but it also means you may not be able to move at all from the waist-down. You’ll be able to walk around and simply move your legs as needed during labor when you choose to forego medications.
If you want to find out more to determine whether natural childbirth outside the hospital could be right for you, call Geneva Woods Birth Center at (907) 561-2626. You can also read about the birthing center’s success stories on their website.