Product of the Week-LED T8 TopStar
The TopStar brand is a quality LED fixture that we have in stock to meet your lighting solution needs.
So let’s talk about the basics of this fixture. What does LED T8 mean?
LED is a “light emitting diode” product which is assembled into a light bulb for use in lighting fixtures. They are more efficient than florescent bulbs, and their lifespan and energy efficiency is several times greater than an incandescent bulb. To put it simply they generate less heat, produce more light, and save you money! Great start, right?
T8 tells us that it is a tubular shape (T) and that it is 8 eighths or one inch in diameter.
Why should you replace your T8 Fluorescents with LED? Here are few reasons why the switch is obvious:
- *No Mercury! Fluorescents contain mercury that is harmful to our environment.
- *They work well with controls! As we have managed several partner projects with local energy companies, control are required. Why? Because they give you a more efficient way to manage your energy. Fluorescents also burn out faster when used with controls and other occupancy sensors.
- *Dimmable! Everyone loves mood lighting. But seriously, LED’s show full dimming capabilities where fluorescents are not dim friendly.
- *Quality of light! No more flickering. LED’s come a wide variety of color temperatures that provide your best lighting solution.
- *Long Life! Like 50,000 hours’ worth of life vs 30,000 with the fluorescent.
Are you still wondering if this is the right choice for you? Give us a call. Our Lighting Solution Specialists can assist you with any questions, provide quotes if needed, and give you information about incentive programs with our Energy Partners to inspire you to make great changes! We are here to help. How can we brighten your life today?
LeVeck Lighting Products and Maintenance 1-800-824-3615