If you’ve considered perfecting your smile but hate the thought of a mouthful of metal, Gentle Care Cosmetic and Family Dentistry has a solution for you: Invisalign®. These unique clear trays can straighten your teeth and achieve the same results traditional braces would, but they’re virtually undetectable. Below, the team of leading dentists from this Lexington, KY, dental office explains how the Invisalign process work.
Here’s a five-step, high-level overview of how these invisible aligners can transform your smile:
- Arrange A Consultation: First, you’ll visit the dentist for a consultation to determine whether you’re an ideal candidate for the treatment. If so, they’ll make a mold of your mouth to create custom trays fitted to your teeth precisely.
- Wear The Aligners: You’ll receive multiple sets of aligners, which you’ll wear all day, every day. Remove them only while eating, drinking, flossing, and brushing.
- Switch To A New Set: Typically, you can expect to wear a set of aligners for two weeks at a time. As you wear them, your teeth will gradually shift to achieve the perfect positioning.
- Visit The Dentist: The team at Gentle Care Cosmetic and Family Dentistry will set up a schedule of visits to monitor your progress and ensure you’re achieving optimal results. Appointments during Invisalign treatment are usually every six weeks.
- Reveal Your New Smile: You can expect to complete your Invisalign treatment in about nine to 15 months. Wear your aligners as directed by the dentist to achieve the fastest results. You’ll reveal a flawless new smile in a few short months, and because the aligners are clear, people won’t even notice while you’re wearing them!
To schedule your consultation for Invisalign, call Gentle Care Cosmetic and Family Dentistry at (859) 277-1151 today. Learn more about the process and their expert dentists online.