When it comes to making curly hair look great, there are a few hair care tips that really make a difference. At Fantastic Sams Cut & Color of Denver, CO, the expert hairstylists have more than a few tricks up their sleeves. In fact, they have just the advice all curly haired individuals need to enjoy a fabulous hair day every day.
If you regularly find yourself waging war with your hair or just wish you could better manage your curls, look no further than these helpful hair care tips from the team at Fantastic Sams Cut & Color in Denver:
- Dry It With A Shirt: It turns out traditional towels can actually cause curls to frizz up and dry coarsely. A T-shirt, on the other hand, is soft, absorbent, and gentle. Wrap it around your head to prevent breakage and damage.
- Moisturize With Serum: After you wash your hair, lock in the moisture with a serum that drenches your curls with nourishing hydration. Hair oils, such as those made with argan or coconut, may also be helpful in maintaining your hair’s overall health.
- Avoid Using A Brush: Don’t risk damaging your hair with a brush. Use a wide-tooth comb instead. This gently detangles and prevents a frizzy mess when your hair dries.
- Style When Wet: It’s easiest to style curly hair when it’s still wet. This means if your curls require some product to look controlled, it’s best to apply it when your hair is still dripping. Apply a styling mousse or mist through from the roots to the ends, then scrunch gently upward.
- Request A Dry Cut: Curly hair sits very differently when it’s wet. When you ask for a dry cut, you’ll see exactly how your hair will look every day when it’s dry—there’s no shock factor involved.
There are many different types of curly hair, from loose waves to thick curls to tight coils. No matter your hair type, there are hair care products designed especially to manage your unique curls. When you visit Fantastic Sams Cut & Color in Denver, Colorado, your stylist will steer you in the right direction with both hair products and hairstyles. If you’re ready for a consultation, come in today! Visit their website for more information, and find the location nearest you here.