What makes Thai food so delicious? If you’ve ever tried to follow a recipe for Thai cuisine at home, then you know that it can be pretty difficult to match the flavors found at an Asian restaurant like Thailand Cuisine in Kihei, HI. While it’s crucial to know how to prepare these mouthwatering dishes, the most important aspect of Thai cooking is using the right ingredients.
Here are a few of the most essential ingredients needed to make Thai food the right way:
- Lemongrass: While this ingredient is not part of the lemon tree, it has a strong lemony flavor and aroma. Many dishes, like lemongrass tofu or chicken, depend on lemongrass for a zesty flavor.
- Kaffir Lime Leaves: A necessary ingredient in green curry, these leaves are not found on the lime tree; however, they do have a wonderful herbal smell.
- Fish Sauce: Known for its distinctive flavor, a little fish sauce goes a long way, but that doesn’t mean that you can make Thai food without it.
- Cilantro: A fresh herb found in different cuisines around the world, including Mexican and Vietnamese, Thai food calls for cilantro in many rice and noodle dishes.
- Thai Basil: Not to be confused with sweet basil or Italian basil, this may be one of the most important ingredients for staple plates like Thai basil chicken with rice.
Using the right ingredients and the appropriate amount of spices is the key to making Thai food. To get ideas for cooking or to feast on an authentic Thai meal with your friends and family, call Thailand Cuisine at (808) 875-0839, or visit them online today.