Presentation: Hydration for Optimal Health, Fat Loss and Performance
Aug 24, 2016 6:30PM with Dawn Weatherwax RD, CSSD, LD, ATC, CSCS
We are lucky to welcome back Dawn’s expertise to Up and Running. Join us on August 24th for this free seminar on hydration. Please RSVP to Up and Running in Dayton 937-432-9210.
Dawn Weatherwax is a Registered/Licensed Dietitian with a specialty in Sports Nutrition and Founder of Sports Nutrition 2Go. She is also a Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics, which is the premier professional sports nutrition credential in the United States. In addition, she is an Athletic Trainer with a Certification in Strength and Conditioning from The National Strength and Conditioning Association. Therefore, she brings a comprehensive and unique understanding of the athlete’s body, and its nutritional needs, to those interested in achieving specific performance goals and optimal health. Weatherwax is also the author of The Official Snack Guide for Beleaguered Sports Parents, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Sports Nutrition and The Sports Nutrition Guide for Young Athletes. She is an Official Speaker for the Gatorade Sports Science Institute and was on the approved speaker list for the NCAA. She has also been featured on television and magazines including: Good Morning America, MSNBC, Oxygen, Spark and Shape.
• Learn what percentage hydration impacts performance
• Discuss how much fluid you really need
• Review how hydration impacts optimal fat loss, muscle gain, speed, strength and energy levels
• Discover what fluids are ideal for daily consumption, workouts and competition
• Discuss significance of hydration has on detoxing the body
• Review how fluid and electrolytes impact health, performance and muscle cramps
• Review electrolyte standards
• Learn if any particular supplements are really needed