Your air conditioner is a vital component of the household during the hot summer months, so any problems that arise tend to be immediately frustrating and uncomfortable. Dalton Heating & Air Conditioning has been providing residents of Northwest Georgia with the most affordable and high-quality air conditioner installation and repair service since 1991; they've run into every issue imaginable over the years.
They’ll help you stay cool throughout the rest of the summer with a little bit of preparation and awareness of the most common problems. Chances are at some point you'll run into one or more of the following air conditioning problems:
- A System That Won't Turn On: Since this is a pretty straightforward problem, more often than not the solution will be fairly easy to diagnose. Common causes include an air condenser that isn't running, a thermostat that isn't set properly, or something more serious like a faulty motor.
- Unusually High Utility Bills: If your bills suddenly get hit with a noticeable but unwarranted spike, there could be a few different factors at play. Whether it's simply age or an outside factor, like dust and debris accumulation, something is keeping your air conditioning from running efficiently.
- Refrigerant Leaks: Since refrigerant cools the air within your system, it's a problem if you're constantly running low. Check for refrigerant leaks, and if that ends up being the source, be sure to get it repaired as soon as possible.
- Strange Noises During Operation: If you hear rattling, clanging, or other strange noises during startup or operation, you'll want to have your system inspected. It could just be a loose screw, but it could also be a burned-out motor or something else that calls for repair or replacement.
- Air That Isn't Cool Enough: Is your air conditioner generating air that isn't as cool or comfortable as usual? This could be a thermostat issue, another result of low refrigeration, or even a problem with your insulation.
So many things can go wrong with your air conditioner, and that's why it's important to have reliable contractors on your side. Dalton Heating & Air Conditioning will be all that and more, with 24/7 emergency services available should anything urgent arise. Visit them online for a look at their installation and repair services, and call them at (706) 272-3968 to make an appointment today.