Over time, your vision changes and your eyes become subject to a host of potentially harmful conditions. To ensure your eyes are staying as strong and healthy as possible, visit your optometrist for regular eye exams. For a lifetime of excellent eye health, Dolan Family Vision in Kalispell, Montana, offers the services you need.
Everyone should visit the eye doctor for an exam at least every other year. During your visit, your optometrist will check your overall eye health through a series of eye health and vision tests. However, you may require an eye exam at least once a year if:
- You Wear Glasses Or Contacts: Your eye prescription is subject to change within even a year’s time. To ensure that you are wearing glasses or contacts to best meet your needs, a yearly visit is important.
- You’re A Child: A child’s first eye exam should occur by six months of age, then again about every two years until age six. Between ages six and 18, the American Optometric Association recommends annual visits to ensure optimal eye health during this period of rapid development.
- You’re Over 60: People over 60 are at a greater risk of ocular diseases like glaucoma and cataracts. To ensure these issues are detected as soon as possible, those over 60 need to visit the eye doctor at least once every year.
- You Have Diabetes: Those with diabetes or hypertension are at an increased risk of blindness. For this reason, a dilated eye exam is required at least once a year. For uncontrolled diabetes, more visits may be necessary.
- You Have An Eye Condition: Those with an eye condition like glaucoma, cataracts, or macular degeneration should visit the eye doctor at least once a year, but possibly more. If ocular diseases run in your family, notify your eye doctor. You may need more frequent visits to ensure your health.
For a future with healthy, strong eyes, visit the experts at Kalispell’s best vision center. To schedule an appointment, call a friendly professional at Dolan Family Vision today at (406) 756-8420. For more information, visit the practice’s website.