Summer means fun in the sun, but unfortunately, it can wreak havoc on your hair. Humidity, sun damage, chlorine, and salt water can all negatively affect your hair’s health. The hair stylists at Fantastic Sams in Denver, Colorado, know that summer requires special hair care treatments.
To keep your locks looking healthy and beautiful all summer long, follow these summer hair care tips:
- Keep It Covered: If you’re going to spend hours in the sun, wear a scarf, hat, or cap to protect your hair from harmful UV rays. However, make sure it is not tight on your head because your scalp needs to breathe.
- Use Leave-In Conditioner: Many leave-in conditioners include sunscreen, so if you don’t wear a head covering, use a leave-in conditioner. You can also put regular sunscreen in your hair, but make sure you wash it out as soon as possible with a deep-cleaning shampoo.
- Drink Water: Drinking water isn’t only good for your body, it’s beneficial for your hair, too. Staying hydrated will keep your hair from drying out in the summer heat.
- Wet Your Hair Before Swimming: Chlorinated and salt water can damage your hair. Wetting your hair with tap water before you go swimming will keep it from absorbing chlorine or salt.
- Avoid Using Products With Alcohol: Many hair products include formaldehyde and alcohol, both of which can dry out and damage your hair. Instead, opt for natural products, which are gentler on your hair.
The hair stylists at Fantastic Sams can also keep your hair healthy in the summer by trimming split ends and recommending the best hair care services and products for your hair. Serving women, men, and children of all ages, they offer a variety of services, including hair coloring, straightening, and waxing.
To get a professional haircut at a great price, stop by Fantastic Sams at one of their convenient Denver locations today. Learn more about their services online.