There are many firsts for your children, and a haircut can be a big occasion. Many kids can feel panicked while getting their hair trimmed for the first time, but there are steps you can take to make it a memorable and enjoyable experience. Fantastic Sams Cut & Color, a hair salon with locations all over Denver, CO, specializes in haircuts and color.
When it comes to helping kids with their first haircut, these stylists offer a few tips for parents who are bringing their children into the salon for the first time:
- Call It A “Trim”: The word “cut” can be disconcerting for a small child, so call it a trim instead. Your child will have a much higher probability of having a positive experience!
- Role-Play At Home: It can help to role play with your child before actually going in. Sit them in a chair and pretend to cut their hair, so they know what to expect.
- Bring Two People: Bring both parents or at least two people the child trusts a lot. One can hold them on their lap while the other plays with them. This will distract them from their haircut and give them a sense of familiarity so they are not scared.
- Bring A Favorite Toy Or Distraction: Bringing a familiar toy can help distract children during their appointment. Or you can play your child’s favorite movie or video on your phone.
- Choose A Stylist You Trust: Find a hair stylist that works regularly with kids of all ages and is comfortable handling children. A friendly and experienced stylist will know the best ways to keep your child still and calm during their first haircut.
If your child’s hair needs a trim, take them to Fantastic Sams Cut & Color. For more information about their kids’ haircuts and their Denver locations, visit the website.