The right hairstyle can flatter your face and boost your confidence. How do you know what type of hairstyle best suits you? When you visit Fantastic Sams Cut & Color in Denver, CO, expert hair stylists will help you find the haircut that enhances your appearance and makes you feel your best. With multiple locations in Denver, Colorado, they provide quality hair care services such as coloring, highlights, and texturing.
One important factor in deciding the best hairstyle for you, is your face shape. See below for more details about common face shapes and which hairstyles complement them:
- Round: A round face is circular, where the length and width of the face are approximately equal. Hairstyles with long layers help make a round face look thinner. If you prefer shorter styles, an angled bob has hard lines that balance out the roundness. Pixie cut styles are another good option, since they emphasize your eyes and cheekbones. Avoid styles that are full around your cheeks and ears, since they add bulk around your face and can make it look fuller.
- Oval: An oval shaped face is longer than a round one, where the length is one and a half times the width and the forehead and jaw are the same widths. Most hairstyles work well with an oval face. However, stay away from styles that add volume to the top of your head, which can make your face look longer.
- Square: Your face is defined as square if you have a broad forehead and an angular jaw. Try long hairstyles with feathery cuts or blunt edges to help soften the jawline. Another option is a cut that adds height to the top of your head to make your face appear longer, but avoid short haircuts as these can make your face appear more angular.
- Heart: When you have a wide forehead and cheekbones with a narrow jaw, you have a heart shaped face. Try styles that are soft or wavy with layers that frame your face. Avoid styles that accentuate the upper part of your face, since it will make your chin seem narrower.
- Diamond: You have a diamond shaped face if your forehead and jawline are narrow while your cheekbones are wide. Like an oval shaped face, almost any hairstyle will go well with a diamond shaped face. Try to stay away from styles that will place the hair on your face, such as bangs, since it will hide your features.
Finding the right hairstyle for your face shape is easy when you have help from the hair stylists at Fantastic Sams Cut & Color. Visit their website to learn more about their complete hair salon services and to find a Denver location near you.