Back to school is just around the corner, and making sure you’re up on the latest styles is key to starting off the school year on the right foot. Denver, Colorado’s premier hair salon, Fantastic Sams, has the top back to school hairstyle trends for September.
If you want to make a trendy impression this school season, try these five hairstyle ideas:
- Half-Up Side Hairdo: The side pony has been around for a while, but try this half-up, half-down style for a twist. Simply pull back the hair above your ears and twist it off to one side. Hold the hair in place with either bobby pins or a fun clip. Push the rest of your hair to the same side to complete the hairstyle.
- Bangs With Volume: Instead of regular bangs to frame your face, part your hair near the outside corner of your eye and brush it over to the opposite side. For even more volume, change it up and part your hair on the side you don’t normally favor.
- Braided Bun: Decide how many braids you want, and begin by dividing your hair into sections. Make tight cornrow braids in each section you’ve made and finish the ends with a little bun secured by bobby pins.
- Top Knot: For a loose, messy look, start with a high ponytail. Twist the hair of the pony around tightly until it forms a knot. Take a second hair tie and secure it around your top knot to complete the casual look.
- Waves & Curls: Whether your hair has a natural wave or you use a curling iron to set your hair into loose curls, let them cascade down your back naturally for a loose, fun hairstyle. For natural waves, give wet hair a little scrunch and add a texturizing polish as you blow dry.
With 36 locations throughout Denver, Fantastic Sams offers professional hair care at affordable prices. For the latest hairstyle trends and hair products for styling at home, visit their website to find a location near you.