Bed bug infestations can be devastating — but if it’s happened to you, don’t worry. They may be hard to get rid of, but with a systematic approach, you can be free from them. Premier Termite & Pest Control has many suggestions to help remedy these insects.
Preparations that need to be completed prior to treastments:
- Start laundering all fabric and clothing items: All clothing, bedding, curtains, and fabric items need to be washed in 130 degree water and dried in 130 dryer temperatures. Once they are removed from a hot dryer cycle, immediately start bagging everything: Using sealed plastic bags or plastic air tight containers you can keep track of what has and hasn’t been treated yet. Do not remove the laundered items from the bags/containers until after the pest control technician has cleared the unit.
- All unnecessary items should be removed from the property before any treatment is performed. All areas to be treated must be free of clutter and excessive storage. Personal belongings on floors, furniture and in closets must be removed to allow treatment.
- Outlet Covers and light switch plate covers: All covers must be removed throughout entire unit so that Premier can treat inside all outlets with chemical dusts.
- Move all furniture 2-3 feet away from all walls in every room to allow the technician to treat behind everything.
- Personal Items: Remove all pictures, decorations, and personal items from walls and book shelves. Wipe down all picture frames, electronics, and other personal items with 91 % rubbing alcohol. In severe cases with bedbug infestations, we recommend a THERMAL HEAT REMEDIATION TREATMENT of the unit.
- Additional followup treatments are neccessary and required until all evidence of bedbug infestations do not exist. Treatments need to be done every 7-10 days until the technician has cleared the unit.
- It may not be easy, but you can get bed bug-free. Call Premier Termite & Pest Control at (859) 255-0696 or (859) 626-9600 For more information about their services or visit the website. You can also like them on Facebook for the latest news and updates.