Having an air conditioner in working order during the hot summer months is important. What are some signs that your air conditioner may need to be replaced? Dalton Heating & Air Conditioning in Dalton, GA, is equipped to handle any HVAC necessities including installation, maintenance, and repair.
Here, they share some ways to know if it’s time to replace your air conditioning unit:
- Noisy Unit: If your air conditioner has become much noisier than normal, you may have an undersized duct system for your property or there’s an issue with the indoor coil. Also, the outside condenser in central air conditioning units can become very loud, especially in older units. Grinding noises may mean there’s an issue with the fan motor.
- Frequent Repairs: When your cooling equipment starts requiring frequent repairs, it’s time to consider a new unit. Many repairs can mean that parts are beginning to wear and also that your unit has become less efficient, which will then make your energy bills rise. A newer unit will be more energy efficient and will save you money in repairs and bills.
- Inconsistent Temperature: If you notice some rooms are too warm while others are too cold, your system may not be operating properly anymore. This can also indicate an issue in the ductwork.
- Humidity Problems: If the air in your home is too humid in the summer, you may have an operational issue with your equipment. Your unit may also be inadequate for your current needs, or you may have leaky ductwork. Leaky ducts can also cause excessive dust in your home since they will grab particles from attics, crawlspaces, and basements, spreading them around your home.
- Upgrade Necessity: Older units are generally not as energy efficient, and a newer system will help reduce costs to your energy bill. Also, newer systems have a programmable thermostat that will help you control the temperature in your home all day. You can set times for when you are home or at work as well as overnight.
Dalton Heating & Air Conditioning offers air conditioning repair and installation as well as heating installation and heat pump system services. Fully licensed and insured, the team offers flexible appointments, prompt service, 24-hour emergency service, and financing options for their customers. To schedule an appointment visit their website or call (706) 272-3968.