Looking to improve your grocery shopping habits? Ensure you bring home bags of healthy groceries with a little help from Cranberry Country Market. The family-owned supermarket in Tomah, WI, sells fresh vegetables, deli meats, baking products, and produce among other many other options from local farmers and food suppliers so you can build a healthy shopping cart whenever you enter their doors.
Here are some of their best tips for healthy grocery shopping to improve your diet:
- Plan Ahead: Plan a week’s worth of meals before you shop. Create a list to not only avoid multiple supermarket trips but to sidestep impulse buys that often include unhealthy snacks such as salty chips or cookies.
- Eat Beforehand: Eat a filling snack before shopping for groceries. Shopping on an empty stomach will often lead to overbuying and indulging in unhealthy foods.
- Keep It Colorful: Purchase a wide variety of fruits and vegetables from every part of the color spectrum. Look for fiber-rich options such as strawberries, rhubarb, and tomatoes, as well as other fruits and veggies you can eat raw. Cranberry Country Market stocks “in season” local produce and ship in “in season” fresh fruit.
- Try whole milk and farm fresh eggs: Move away from cream, and ice cream, as these foods contain more saturated fat than whole milk. Look for healthy alternatives, such as olive oil and yogurt.
- Choose Whole Grains: Buy whole grains only, such as brown rice, quinoa, oatmeal, and barley. Opt for homemade whole-wheat bread in the bakery department.
Discuss these and other tips for healthy grocery shopping with the friendly team at Cranberry Country Market and enjoy stocking your kitchen with groceries that will keep your body energized, fit, and glowing. The supermarket is conveniently located five miles from where I-90 and I-94 divide and offers fresh, healthy foods for affordable prices.
For more on fresh vegetables and other groceries available at Cranberry Country Market, call (608) 374-4944 or visit the website today.