Warm weather is on the way, so it’s time to open up those windows and let in the fresh summer air, right? Not so fast: If you don’t want to invite outside bugs, like spiders, roaches, or even scorpions, to crawl inside your home, you’ll have to do some preventative pest control. The expert exterminators at Bug Pros Pest Control in Carlsbad, NM, are here with summer household pest control advice to help you keep unwanted visitors outside where they belong.
There are three major pests to deal with in New Mexico: scorpions, cockroaches, and spiders. As the temperatures increase, scorpions will escape the scorching desert heat and look for dark, cool places to live. If there’s a crack in your wall and this pest feels the cool air, it will slide right in and hide in those small spaces. Intense heat also means more cockroaches. These insects tend to reproduce more in warmer months, when they have access to more food. Spiders will crawl in too, weaving unsightly webs and scaring your kids.
Here are some preventative pest control tips to keep your home pest free:
- Fix Or Replace Broken Screens: These pests can get in through even small holes in your screens or around the edges.
- Fill In Cracks Near Windows & Doors: This will help prevent pests like scorpions from gaining access to your home.
- Trim Nearby Tree Branches: According to Carlsbad’s top pest control services provider, this will keep spiders from crawling across the leaves and directly into your home.
- Remove Webs & Reduce Household Clutter: Spiders just love hiding. Cleaning up and removing clutter, both outside and inside your home, will take away those hiding spaces.
- Shake Your Shoes: You never know what could be hiding inside, especially if the shoes been in storage for many months. Be careful!
- Don’t Leave Food Out: A nice cool house with sweet treats on the counter is sure to attract pests quickly.
No matter what type of preventative pest control services you need, the exterminators at Bug Pros Pest Control can help. These experts can get rid of ants, spiders, scorpions, and roaches. Need rodent control or wasp removal? No job is too big or too small. Call Bug Pros Pest Control today at (575) 361-5356 to schedule an appointment with an exterminator, or visit their website for more information.