Your kids’ teeth are precious. Even though they are going to be replaced with adult teeth one day, it’s imperative to instill good habits while your children are young. One of these good dental habits is having regular dental cleanings. Cleanings are paramount to keeping teeth and gums healthy.
Alaska Dentistry for Kids, Anchorage’s premier children’s dentist office, lists the reasons why dental cleanings every six months are so important:
- Prevents Cavities: When bacteria in the mouth meets saliva and sticks to the teeth, it’s called plaque. Plaque builds up on the teeth over time, leading to cavities. Regular dental cleanings remove plaque buildup, thereby preventing cavities from forming.
- Stops Gum Disease: Another side effect of plaque buildup is gum disease. The plaque spreads deeper into the tooth and eventually the jaw. If left untreated, gum disease can lead to tooth loss in adults.
- Brighter Smile: Teeth may have surface stains from certain foods and drinks. A dentist will polish the teeth during a cleaning, removing these stains and leaving your children with brighter smiles that you get to enjoy every day.
- Improves Overall Health: All parents want their kids to stay happy and healthy. Studies by the Academy of General Dentistry show that regular dental cleanings not only improve oral health, but overall health.
- Avoid Costly Procedures: Many dental insurance companies offer low rates for dental cleanings. If you don’t take advantage of them, you may have to pay for a costly procedure for your child down the line.
Schedule a dental cleaning appointment for your children today at Alaska Dentistry for Kids, the best kids' dentist practice in Anchorage. Their staff makes sure that going to the dentist is a positive experience for kids. They’re professional and knowledgeable, as well as gentle and caring. Call them today at (907) 274-2525, or visit their website for more information about the children's dentist.