Is a move in your near future? If so, it’s never too early to get prepared for the big relocation! According to Hawaii’s top family-owned moving company, M. Dyer & Sons, it’s essential to plan a moving timeline and get started early.
From the day you find your new home to the morning you move in, keep on track with these five packing and moving tips by M. Dyer & Sons:
- Begin packing at least six weeks before your moving date. It seems excessive, but it will truly help to prevent anxiety during the final weeks before the move.
- Be sure to organize your packed items into labeled boxes by function and room. That way when you unpack, you can sort through your possessions easily immediately.
- Make sure no box weighs more than 50 lbs. – it’s just inconvenient to move such heavy boxes and they may break from the weight strain.
- Wrap all pieces of major furniture well. The last thing you want is to scratch your leather sofa or scuff your dining room table because you did not take the time to prep.
- Make one “Open First” box with tissues, pens, scissors, bath towels, and other important items that your family will want right away.
Once you’ve packed well, you can leave the difficult work of moving your possessions to your next home to the professionals of M. Dyer & Sons! This local and inter-island moving service will quickly and efficiently move your items to their new destination, making sure to cause no damage in transit. To learn more pro packing tips, or to inquire into moving services, visit M. Dyer & Sons online and call (808) 456-4200.