With your busy work schedule, you may think that there’s no time for exercise. Your hours at the office may cause you to forget about becoming fit. But the wellness coaching experts at IMUA Orthopedics, Sports & Health know that's not the case! You can get active and be on your way to top physical fitness even while at work for hours every day.
To make your mind and body feel alive at work, remember these tips:
- Get Out: Here in Honolulu, there’s wonderful weather year-round. Take advantage by taking a walk during your lunch break! Grab a salad at a nearby restaurant and have a picnic at a park, then walk back to work when it’s time to clock in again.
- Break It Down: Getting fit doesn’t have to take a lot of time. Break down your activity into chunks and spread them throughout the day. If you do one 15-minute set before work and one afterwards, that’s 3.5 hours of physical activity per week!
- Work Out Wherever: Everywhere you go, there’s an opportunity to get active. Park further away from your office building and get a few extra steps on your pedometer. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. If you’ve got a question for someone across the office, walk to their desk and ask them!
- Socialize: You see your coworkers every day, so why not get active with them? Invite your coworkers out for a walk around the park or a friendly game of basketball. You’ll not only get fit, but you’ll get closer with your team as well!
- Make It Fun: Life doesn’t have to be all work and no play. When you have downtime, do whatever gets you active or helps you work up a sweat. Remember, the more you enjoy what you’re doing, the more you’ll want to keep doing it.
With these DIY wellness coaching tips, you can get your body and mind active without sacrificing time at work. But sometimes, health issues can prevent you from moving around. If you’re in need of an orthopedic surgeon, the experts at IMUA Orthopedics, Sports & Health will get you up and running again. Call (808) 521-8170 to ask about their orthopedic services, and see how they can get you on the move.